Sew your own pinnable Custom-Fit Dress Form from scratch for better, more accurate fittings, pattern drafting, and draping. No extra dress forms or body taping is needed for this project. You can replicate your figure by customizing belly protuberance, buttocks shape, posture and shoulder slope. In addition to our Fit Adjustments, you can add neck circumference, back width and other key measurements.
This pattern is NOT suitable to be put on a finished dress form and is meant to be fully stuffed with polyfil. The dress form sewing pattern will have a negative ease built in, which will allow for better measurement control during stuffing and the stuffed dress form will expand during the stuffing process to match you measurements.
Please do not try on the shell, as it will NOT fit you. If you want to make a dress form cover to cover your existent dress form, please add 10% to your Bust and Waist circumference.
We included an explainer video, please scroll down to watch. Double check your measurements and proceed to check out, as usual, using PayPal at the check out (or other payment methods such as Store Credit etc).
What you will need:
1. Self (Main) fabric: Small to Large sizes –1 ¼ yards (1.10 m), Large to Extra Large sizes –1 ¾ yards (1.50 m) Plus Sizes – 2 1/8 yards (2 m)
2. Fabric-based fusible woven interfacing: Small to Large sizes –1 ¼ yards (1.10 m), Large to Extra Large sizes –1 ¾ yards (1.50 m) Plus Sizes – 2 1/8 yards (2 m) 3. Interlining/stabilizer – from 3/4 yards (0.80 m) to 1 1/4 yards (1m)
4. Cardboard 6 sq.ft (0.6 sq.m).
5. Sponge 3" (8 cm) in height, 7" (18cm) in width and 7" (18cm) in length; or stack 2x1.5" or 3x1" sponges.
6. Zipper 7”-9” (18-23 cm) – 2 pieces.
7. Craft glue.
8. Small razor knife.
9. Wooden, plastic or metal coat rack stand. The stand should be cut to reflect your height. The length of the stand is automatically calculated by the system and is listed on your pattern. You can also use a pre-manufactured adjustable dress form stand, which should not be cut. We provided the resources and links where you can buy the pre-manufactured stand and other supplies below. We did not use a pre-manufactured stand and the process might slightly differ from the proposed by us. You will need to know the diameter of the premanufactured stand and purchase a plastic tube (next point) to fit over the manufactured stand.
10. Plastic pipe tube, diameter from 1 1/8” (3 cm) to 2” (5 cm). We recommend buying a 38" long pipe for standard heights and 48" for very tall. You will have to cut the pipe to the length, recommended on the pattern. This length is automatically calculated by the system to fit your unique height.
11. Polyester Fiber Fill Poly-Fil: 5lb (2.3 kg) (smaller sizes) to 10lb (4.6 kg) (larger and plus sizes).
BootstrapFashion License Information: Limited Commercial and Personal Use. The limited Commercial license is a non-exclusive license, which allows for selling of the finished dress forms in unlimited quantities for profit. However, resale of this pattern is strictly forbidden.